Reports to: Supervisor - ROPS Analytics Effective Date: 10/30/2014
Department: Revenue Operations (ROPS)
FLSA Status: Exempt Job Code: EEO-1 Code:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for actively supporting the execution of strategic initiatives, metric/report development, ad-hoc reports, maintenance of routine reports, and special projects as it relates to revenue operations and billing management, which may include root-cause analysis and process re-design.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Understand the business process with the ability to translate business requirements into analytical reporting
• Develop detailed reports to support performance and strategic business initiatives
• Run routine, ad hoc and support information requests in a quick turnaround climate
• Effectively review reports either created individually or by others
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of performance metrics to business and senior leadership team as requested or scheduled
• Summarize information and effectively communicate analyses in writing and verbally to customers
Special Projects (20%)
• Generate innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential
• Assist on various projects, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing and evolving business environment with shifting time frames
• Assist with CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) projects or other efforts designed to improve effectiveness/efficiency of the business
• Identify system and process improvements opportunities and make recommendations
Other Duties (5%)
• Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as scheduled or needed
• Perform other duties as assigned or required
• Travel required: up to 5%
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, including computer skills as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required from accredited university with an emphasis in Business, Project Management, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, MIS, or Health Admin
• Minimum of one (1) year related analytical experience required, including but not limited to:
o Solid data analysis experience
o Leadership experience
o Project management skills
o Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel, Access, SQL, or other analytical applications
• Experience using office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Expectation to read VBA by 90 Day Review
Candidates who possess the following qualifications may be considered for a Senior Revenue Operations Data Analyst position
• Master’s degree in related area preferred
• Prior health care reimbursement / revenue cycle experience
• 3 or more years of experience in a similar role
• Project management and/or System Development Life Cycle experience
• Cognos or other Business Intelligence platform experience
• VBA, VBA.Net, or other programming experience
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
• Commitment to DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with the ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions.
• Understanding of Revenue Operation; health care revenue cycle, health care reimbursement policies and business processes.
• Ability to communicate concepts/ideas to leadership or translate business requirements into technical requirements for an analytical solution
• Demonstrated ability to function independently on a team and as a member of a cross-functional group
• Demonstrated verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization across the company
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Project management and/or consultative skills when addressing complex inquiries from teammates, customers, and business partners
• Ability to manage deadlines/priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving business environment with shifting time frames in a multi-site company
• Sound judgment and problem-solving skills to resolve unique and challenging issues and/or concerns
• Critical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, draw conclusions, solve problems, prepare and implement action plans
• Inquisitive and self-starter with a high degree of initiative, urgency, attention to detail, and follow through
• Solid analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
• Solid data analysis experience with the ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels
• Knowledge of the data relationships within the Village systems as well as how the data interfaces to and from other systems
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions.
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Deena Moody at Deena.Moody@davita.com.