Lorig Management Services, L.L.C.
Property: Court 17 Apartments
Job Title: Leasing Associate
Accountability: Mark Blower, Property Manager
Position: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Dated: April 2015
Job Summary: Provide the highest level of customer service to prospective and current residents of Court 17. Responsible for leasing apartments, resident relations, resident retention and renewals, answering office phone, and general office administration. To work with the Property Manager to develop stability and profit for the property and assist in the daily operations as required.
* Friendly and professional with a good sense of humor
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
* Feel comfortable with and be approachable to a diversity of people
* Productive work ethic and strong organizational skills
* Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions within the scope of assigned responsibilities
Essential Job Functions:
* Ability to market and close on apartment leases
* Follow through with customers from initial contact through all stages of the lease process (application, approval, lease preparation, signing, move in and move out)
* Public relations and effective communication of details and facts with clients
* Ability to identify the needs of a client and respond to these needs quickly
* Ability to monitor and track documents
* Check that the leasing office and resident common areas look clean and professional
* Ability to learn and use various software programs in preparing reports, market surveys, and other assigned projects (Word, Yardi, Excel)
* Light accounting work, organization, office cleaning, and miscellaneous filing
Details of Duties and Responsibilities:
* Show units to interested clients and follow up with the clients after their visit and throughout their leasing experience
* Complete the leasing process with clients which includes but is not limited to performing walk-throughs, evaluating credit applications/outcomes, and completing all leasing documentation
* Work closely with current residents and contact regularly to aid them in renewing their leases and confirming customer satisfaction with living environment and work orders – report progress on office forms
* Management and Administration (drafting notices to residents, working on delinquent account reconciliation, addressing issues and concerns with residents, resident relations, listening and people skills, problem solving, collect rents, review account balances, etc)
* Communicate work progress, client feedback and other significant problems/concerns to Property Manager
* Market research, walking vacant apartments, weekly reports and basic accounting functions (e.g., rent roll, delinquent accounts) in Yardi, work order processing and follow up will be expected.
* General office duties, filing and organizing as well as cleaning office and models when necessary; Opening and closing office; Maintaining conversation logs, auditing files for accuracy and working on special reports and projects as assigned by Manager.
* Flexibility to handle changes in work plans as needs arise for more immediate consideration. General ability to learn and grow into greater responsibility as needed.
Experience and Characteristics:
* Diploma/G.E.D. required, AA/BA degree preferred
* 2+ years in applicable sales/customer service role required; prior property management/leasing experience a plus
* Excellent communication skills
* Computer proficient – MS Office and Outlook
* Customer service attitude
* Understand and enforce compliance with Real Estate Agency rules and regulations, state and local landlord/tenant laws, and federal, state and local Fair Housing Laws
* Respectful of client confidentiality
* Must be available to work Saturdays