RH2 Engineering, Inc., (www.rh2.com) is a multi-disciplinary, employee-owned consulting firm headquartered in Bothell, Washington with offices throughout Washington and Oregon. We provide high-quality engineering and scientific services primarily to municipal clients.
RH2 is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to work in our Tacoma office. This position is approximately 20 hours per week. At this time the proposed schedule is approximately 4 hours per day Monday through Friday. Preliminary hours are proposed to be between 10 am and 2 pm or 12 pm and 4 pm. The schedule can be adjusted if needed.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an engineering consulting firm or within a related field (for example; legal, community planning, etc.), and have the ability to handle a wide variety of administrative tasks and work in a small office environment.
* Using Outlook for scheduling meetings, emails, and keeping organized is necessary.
* Process incoming and outgoing mail, entering into daily tracking log.
* Prepare various documents from rough drafts to final product utilizing MS Word and Excel predominantly.
* Coordinate with staff as needed to complete documents. Copy, collate, scan, and prepare material as requested.
* Create and maintain project files.
* Answer telephone calls and provide information for inquires, transfer callers to appropriate staff members, or take messages as appropriate.
* Maintain supply of office products (paper, toner, pens, etc.).
* Conduct research on topics as requested.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Relevant business experience working in an office environment. Previous experience with a consulting engineering, or construction firm is an advantage.
* Demonstrate good writing skills, grammatical accuracy, spelling accuracy, etc.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as a team player given the tasks at hand.
* Possess superior organizational skills, can prioritize and tackle tasks head-on amid changing priorities, while consistently delivering superior results within given deadlines.
* Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages. Adjust to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills: accessible, approachable, and able to interface with clients, peers, and technical professionals on all levels.
* Strong communicator; not afraid to ask questions or seek out assignments.
* Ability to identify business issues, formulate plans to resolve these issues, and effectively communicate the results to project planners.
* Must be proficient in MS Office, a strong background and skills with Word and Excel and being familiar with Access is an advantage.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.