The Department of Ecology is Hiring!
Human Resource Consultant 1
Are you a recent college graduate who wants to be able to apply their education and skills immediately to a Human Resources Project? The Department of Ecology has an exciting opportunity for a recent college graduate who is looking to gain experience in recruiting.
The main focus will be to develop a Statewide Outreach Plan which will impact our long-term recruiting efforts. Join a dynamic, fun, fast-paced recruiting team! J
We are looking for an organized, driven, friendly person who is interested in gaining valuable hands-on experience in recruitment outreach.
The Department of Ecology is currently looking to fill a Human Resource Consultant 1 position that will be based at our Headquarters Building inLacey, WA.
In this position you will perform first-level professional human resource assignments in one or more areas of the human resources functions such as recruitment and selection. The main focus of this position is working on the Recruitment Outreach Plan with opportunities to participate in screening and certifying applicants as well as participating in Career Fairs.
Some of the key work activities include:
Outreach to the major universities in the state to assist with the development of a contact and communication plan by:
· Investigating, confirming and learning about University programs that are well aligned to the Department of Ecology.
1. Inquiring about all career fairs to create an annual job/career fair calendar.
2. Building intelligence around alumni networking and resources.
3. Researching on-site career resources dedicated to Veterans and diversity outreach plans at each university.
· Developing appropriate documents for record keeping and organize all materials using HR’s internal SharePoint site with the assistance of the Human Resource Consultant 3 for Business Intelligence.
· Outreach to technical and community colleges for information technologies and financial services students to assist with the development of a contact and communication plan.
· Outreach to Professional Associations and other key external partners as directed by the HRC in recruitment as necessary to market job announcements.
A Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business, human resources, social or organizational behavioral sciences, or related field. Equivalent education/experience can substitute year for year for education.
Preferred/Desired Skills and Abilities/Competencies:
Proficiency using: SharePoint, MS Excel and MS Project.
Full-time, Monday – Friday, Hours: Day shift.
Pay range: $17.21 - $22.52 per hour.
This temporary position is scheduled to end June 30, 2015.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter by Wednesday, April 1, 2015 to Lisa Knutson-Sealey at:Lknu461@ecy.wa.gov. Please list (Human Resource Consultant 1) in the subject line.
Please respond at your earliest convenience.
Lisa Knutson-Sealey | Senior Human Resource Consultant
Department of Ecology, Human Resources Office
Phone: 360.407.6020 | Fax: 360.407.6190 | Mailstop: 47600